DIY Pouf Ball Maker – $4 or Less!
How to make your own yarn pom pom maker? In this tutorial, I show you how to make your own pouf ball maker for $4, as well as how to make endless pom poms using your new pom pom maker!
- 2x 3-inch rubber washers. Make sure that the distance from the inside circle and the outer circle is around 1 inch. If you would like a larger pouf, then select washers that have a larger distance between the inner circle and outer circle.
How to create a yarn pom pom maker:
- Cut out a small section of one of the rubber washers using a pair of scissors.
- Trace the same cut lines on the second rubber washer and cut them out. Make sure that the gaps are the same size.
- Done! You have now created your very own pouf ball maker for around $4.
How to make a pom pom using your new maker:
- Place the two washers on top of each other and align the gaps.
- Wrap your yarn over the two washers until you have a thick layer all around the washers.
- Cut your yarn string and hold it firmly in place against the washers.
- Cut the wrapped yarn by sliding your scissors (scissors with sharp tips really help) between the two washers and cutting the yarn along the line where they meet. Try to hold the yarn in place as you cut. Some pieces will fall if you they aren’t held in place.
- Cut a piece of yarn about 6 inches. Slide it between your washers and tie it very tightly around the yarn. I usually tie at least three knots to hold the yarn ball in place.
- Trim any pieces of yarn that are too long, holding the longer strand in your hands while you work.
- Once your pouf has a circular shape, attach it to your project using the two longer pieces of yarn.
Other Crochet Tutorials:
How to Crochet a Soap Saver - 15 Minute Project
How to Crochet a Headband Tutorial - Chunky Headband Crochet Pattern
How to Crochet a Wine Tote - Wine Carrier Crochet Pattern
How to Crochet a Flower- 10 Minute Pattern
How to Crochet 2020 Numbers Tutorial - New Years Crochet Project
Knit Like Crochet Beanie Tutorial - FREE Crochet Beanie Pattern
How to Make Pom Pom Maker - DIY Pom Pom Maker
How to Crochet Desk Organizer Tutorial - Craft Organizer Crochet Pattern
How to Crochet Beanie Tutorial - Messy Bun Beanie Crochet Pattern
How to Crochet Beanie Tutorial - Baby Beanie Crochet Pattern
How to Crochet Heart - Small Heart Crochet Pattern
Crochet Knit-Like Beanie Tutorial - Slouchy Beanie Crochet Pattern
How to Crochet Soap Saver - Ribbed Soap Saver Pattern
Crochet Beanie Tutorial - Cute Beanie Pattern
How to Crochet Face Scrubber - DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrubber Crochet Pattern