How to Crochet a Slouchy Beanie Tutorial
How to crochet a slouchy beanie? In this crochet tutorial, I show you how to crochet this very easy slouchy beanie. This beanie pattern is simple and is ideal for anyone just starting out with crochet. It is worked as a rectangle, so you don’t have to worry about increasing or decreasing stitches in the round.
Crochet Slouchy Beanie Video Tutorial:
How to Crochet a Slouchy Beanie Pattern
- Crochet Hook Size F/5/3.75MM
- Lion Brand Respun %100 Recycled Polyster Yarn, Size: 4 Medium, Color: Parchment
- *CABLE st* to place a CABLE st, skip the following st, place 1 DC in the following 3 st, then place 1 DC in the skipped st. Make sure you pull your yarn up so that it is beside your last DC when placing the DC in the skipped st.
- Attach the yarn to your crochet hook using a slip knot.
- Row 1: CH 59, turn.
- Row 2: Skip 1st CH st, then place 1 HDC SL st in the BLO of the following 10 st. Then work the *CABLE st* (above) in the BLO of each of the remaining stitches in the row (you should have 12 CABLE st). CH 2, turn.
- Row 3: Skip CH 2, then place the *CABLE st* in each of the previous row's CABLE stitches (you should have 12), then place 1 HDC SL st in the BLO of the remaining 10 st of the row). CH 1, turn.
- Row 4: Skip CH 1, then place 1 HDC SL st in the BLO of the following 10 st. Then work the *CABLE st* in each of the remaining stitches in the row (you should have 12 CABLE st). CH 2, turn.
- Rows 5 - ?: Repeat the last 2 rows to build the body of the beanie (basically place 1 CABLE st in each of the previous row's CABLE st and 1 HDC SL st in the BLO of each of the previous row's HDC SL st. CH 1 when turning on the HDC SL st, and CH 2 when turning on your cable st. End the last row so on the HDC SL st. I crocheted this until the HDC SL st (brim) side of the beanie reached 18 inches.
- Fold beanie in half, skip the turning CH and insert the crochet hook up under the last FULL st from the last row and also under the corresponding 2 loops from ROW 1, then yarn over and drop all the loops on your crochet hook for a SL st. Repeat this process for all stitches in the row.
- Cut and tie off yarn, leaving tail about 2 feet in length.
- Weave the tail in the available loops along the top each of the beanie (where the tail is), spacing the weave about every inch. When you get back to the starting tail, tie the starting and ending tails together.
- Turn beanie inside out.
- Attach a Yarn Pom Pom
- Attach a Faux Fur Pom Pom